Part of a short story I am writing....


As we both lay there, facing the horizon blocked by a small window and walls. I wake up from the light glaring in my eyes, and I tilt my head in vain trying to find a better position.

I am now awake but that doesn’t mean I will get up from this magical moment, not yet .I am lying with my soul mate, no one can take this special moment from me, not even the rings from my mobile.

I slam shut the phone and I smile to myself as I look in front of me, there he is, his golden brown back under the covers, I reach over so my arms wrapped over him, my hands caressing his bare chest and defined lower abdomen and my feet reach out to his and his toes slightly stroking mine.

This has to be the favourite part of my day, waking up from a deep sleep next to the person I love. This had almost become a routine for us. Shall we call it, a dose of sleepy affection before beginning a new day?

Since the first time I woke up like this, I knew he was the one.

It wouldn't matter if we went to sleep upset or angry at each other; through the night our bodies would join and everything would seem to be forgotten, or at least for a few instants before either would remember why we even got angry.

Although this is a common morning ritual for us, I don’t feel like this is an obligation. I feel tingles and butterflies inside, as if it were the first time we were bonding. Every day I find it so difficult leaving the bed I share with him. When I do finally drag myself out of bed I look back at him with a half smile while he is still in slumber. Shall I jump back in bed with him? My sensible reply is “I have to get on with the day....”

No comments:

Post a Comment