6 months have past...

I have had the experience of moving to a new country about seven years ago when I moved to Spain.

The first six months were hard, they always are, and whenever I give anyone advices about moving to a new country, I always say, “Wait a minimum of 6 months to adjust and decide whether you like the place or not”.

I do really believe that that’s the amount of time you need to adjust to it all.

So it has been six months for me in a new Country and a complete new form of living.

Do I enjoy it?

Living away from chaos, complete tranquillity, and from what it seems no “real” danger insight like muggings, knife crime etc.

Do I like it?

Mountains, nature and amazing views, yes on the liking it but I am not sure if I REALLY like it. What I am sure of is I am starting to have the same overwhelming feeling I had when I moved to Spain. Unfortunately that overwhelming feeling wasn’t a positive one. It led to me feeling slightly depressed and with anxiety. And in Spain I had my family and friends. Here I have my boyfriend and his family which I care for dearly but are very different to mine.

The relationship I am in now is good, we had our ups and downs but I can say I am happy, and I don’t want to ever regret this move, as I always told myself this was for love and for a new experience. And so far I know I can go back without a doubt, plus i feel more mature and with more knowledge, like the fact I have a new language.

But there are days like today where I do feel very lonely. I feel like I can’t just go to a bar for a quick coffee and meet with a friend and discuss stuff like “how should I style my hair?” I don’t have anyone for that. I am not looking for sympathy either; I need to express this, as I know there are people out there like me, that just want to be able to have a decent conversation with someone.

I am always on facebook too, like an addict, but the reason for this is because that is my only real connection to the outside world.

Sometimes, while I am sitting with the few friends I have here (I do know some people), I get frustrated, as none of our conversations give me anything to debate about, or feel like I have learnt something. They feel null. Obviously there is a language barrier, or I am hoping it is that.

I feel like I am going crazy at times.

On the other hand there are parts of this new life that I utterly enjoy. I love the peace and quiet while I water the plants and see butterflies flutter past me, I really never thought I would be doing these tasks....just yet.

I love the silence and sounds of the chiming bells. I love the smell of burnt wood in the village, Learning to cook and I absolutely ADORE the shopping here!!!!!

I even think I feel the same way I felt in Spain. Everything would be great if all my friends moved here. That is why I am going to try my best not to let this get me down, as I already lived this once.

I have to appreciate what I have and always be an optimist, (not always an easy task).

Maybe I should have come here when I was ready to settle down. But we never know when these opportunities will arise; mine came a bit early, or just in time?

I won’t question destiny, I’ll just enjoy what it has given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment