Vegan Friendly Recipe; Grilled Veg, Carrot noodles and avocado




This evening I was planning on trying out my vegetable noodle maker and wanted to do them with courgettes but I didn't have time to go to the grocers and preferred to do something out of whatever I had in the fridge.

I had seen colourful vegan dishes on a few Instagram pages I followed and decided to make use of all the ingredients in my pantry and make something appetising and tasty.  I have so many jars fool of seeds, nuts and beans and I need to use them more when cooking.



Ingredients:

1/2 Butternut squash
4 Potatoes
2 Carrots
5 Mushrooms
1 Avocado

Olive oil
Pink Himalayan Salt
4 tbsp Sesame seeds
1tsp cumin

As my partner loves his pasta I wanted to buy myself a vegetable pasta maker. I had seen them online too, and thought it could add some fun to my cooking. I bought one in a shop that sells items for cooking and baking and it seems to be okay so far.  It's a small hand one and I was told to make the pasta with raw vegetables like courgettes, cucumber, carrots and potatoes.

I had some carrots but they had gone a bit soft and weren't comfortable turning so I gave up on two and made a very small pasta dish in the middle of the main plate. I boiled the carrots for 15 minutes and in the meantime chopped the garlic and onion into small pieces and fried. I then added the chopped mushrooms and let it fry at a medium heat for 5 minutes.
Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to fried mushrooms and mix in.  I add sesame seeds and it tasted deli and was not enough, so I'll have to make it again soon.

I chopped 1/4 of the Butternut squash into thin slices and did the same with 2 potatoes.
I grilled them for 12 minutes and while they were grilling I steam the rest of the squash and potato,
I left them for 15 minutes then once they were soft I blended them with salt, pepper and cumin. I left that to cool and then served and added seeds on top.

I cut the avocado into thick slices and drizzled olive oil and sesame seeds on top.

I served it so it would look pretty, I needed to take advantage of all those colours.

It took me less than an hour to do, that is with preparation, cooking and finally sitting down to enjoy it, which takes me slightly longer with my little one not feeling well.

Hope you enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment