To have a mind of a writer isn't easy

It is not unknown that to be able to write a good piece it is by living different experience's from first hand. Everyone has different ways of defining an experience, it could be the birth of a child, a death of someone close, a trip you would never forget or a celebration that seemed like yesterday.
In addition reading is fantastic to widen your vocabulary and knowledge of creative writing. As you indulge into different novels you experience different feelings which is a feeling I would like to reflect when I write however unlike many others before me, I don't find it easy.
From a young age I would always be in my room playing imaginary games where I would be someone important like a princess or a rock star and  then I would scribble down my stories hoping people would enjoy my future book collection as I did books like the "Babysitter's club" and "Sweet Valley High" series. have always enjoyed writing to find an escapism from reality.
Unfortunately, by the time I went to secondary school it was already decided that I would be in the "special needs" group and every year I was put in a group to give support to girls who suffered from Dyslexia and other issues similar to mine. I was knocked down from any dreams because of my level of Grammar and comprehension. I accept my level of writing is lower than others but I also feel the support I was meant to be given wasn't supportive enough.  I felt special but in a negative sense. I found it more difficult to feel accepted because I didn't understand my problem. I remember the day I had started reception and  my teachers couldn't understand me between my mumbling and tears running down my face and they soon discovered I was speaking Spanish and got a girl from another year to come and speak to me. I still find this weird because I did speak English. I guess those kiddy nerves kicked in. From that day I was labelled as a child with language difficulty and I never progressed in school. It was frustrating for me, as no matter how hard I tried to write and be up to standard I couldn't get any of my teachers to notice my efforts.  They really thought I was lazy and my parents would punish me instead of understanding because they knew as little as me.
I didn't stop writing and I have a grand collection of poems that I have written and I know they aren't masterpieces but I have escaped whilst writing. I don't think there is anything wrong with that I will continue to write.
There is a message I'm trying to share with this post. I have signed up and given up so many things in my life out of boredom,  not being good enough or just out of pure laziness. I did ballet, gymnastics and tap dance, I tried Karate, played the Piano, Cello, Recorder, Guitar, Drums and even had singing classes in hope to be a star, I was a Brownie, almost a Girl Guide,  a Cub for a day, I went to to the Air Training Corps and was a great cadet till I hit my late teens, I played on the  Football, Hockey and Netball team. I danced hip hop, tried break dance andI even managed a few steps of Sevillanas and was completely disappointed I didn't get the Spanish genes for creativity and rhythm. I've had roller skates, blades and a board and still wish I had the chance to sign up to more things and i'm sure I'll give up on loads more, because evenhough I'm a go-getter and love to try new things, not many of these things are my real passion. I will always write as long as I feel I need to.  Anyone can give us advise but no one can quash your dreams or passions.
You need to continue doing what is good for you and if you can make a success out of it that is an extra. But do the things for yourself. Share your efforts somehow and you will be recognised. You won't always get the feedback you expect but this moulds us. I want to continue reliving my adventures by writing them down. I still have to improve as I want people to feel I feel and see what I see through their minds. I know it needs to be interesting too and for this reason I want to continue living life spontaneously.

No comments:

Post a Comment