Baby Chia Pudding and Banana Smoothie







After the holidays it is always nice to be back into the daily routine. As Nakoa is up early we need a lot of energy to last the whole day. Soon he will be starting nursery and I really need him eating breakfast so he can last till lunch time. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is a chore for him. He likes almost everything we give him but he takes 4-EV-ER to finish anything.
I've tried baby cereal, fruit, purée's and not much seems to work. However, every time I make myself a chia pudding with a smoothie he asks me for some and eats it.
Babies in general don't need chia because they get all the nutrients they require from breastfeeding but as Nakoa loves it so much I decided to prepare a mini jar for him  The difference between his and ours is I mix it with breast milk and obviously I put less amount of everything, I even have mini jars for him. 

Baby Chia Pudding
- 100 ml Breast milk
- 40grams Chia
- 1/2 tsp syrup


The smoothie itself is made up of: 
- 1 banana, 
- 1tsp maple syrup, 
- 2-3 tbsp breast-milk for Naks 
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- muesli
- 1/4 tsp spirulina

He loves it and so do we. And I love sharing meal time with him because it gives us that moment of bonding, even if it's goo goo gaa gaa and pointing at everything. That's how we all learn 

No comments:

Post a Comment