Vegan Dips, Chips and more...



Cauliflower bites, red quinoa, chips, cucumber hummus and sticks and Sour Cream.

Yesterday I bought some cauliflower and wanted to change the menu from cauliflower rice to something different. I had seen cauliflower bites before so I decided to try them out as well as making some dips and a variety of things for our dish to look more colourful and appetising.

Here are the different Recipe's. I won't lie, I did stress myself out a little bit in the kitchen as I tried to do it all at once. I need to manage myself properly and do things in the right order. It all can be done but with better planning and no babies should be involved.

I made this amazing Vegan sour cream to go with my spicy Cauliflower bites.


INGREDIENTS:
~  1 cup raw cashews (soaked Minimum 1 hour but best to leave overnight)
~  ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
~  ¼ tsp sea salt
~  1 tsp nutritional yeast
~  ½ cup water

DIRECTIONS:

- Place all ingredients into your blender
- Blend on high for 5-7 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to bowl or jar. You can keep refrigerated in an air tight container up to 2 weeks however I'm sure you will eat all up in one. 


I no longer fry my chips as baking them are just as yummy and much healthier.

Baked potato slices seasoned with: 


~ 2  tbsp Olive Oil

1tsp Paprika
1tsp Cumin
~ 2 Fresh Chives from my garden
~ 1/4 tsp salt 
~ 1/4 tsp pepper.


DIRECTIONS:
-  Preheat oven at 220ÂșC.
-  Peel and cut chips into slices
-  coat in olive oil and season the chips
- Oven between 30-40 mins depending on how thin you cut your chips. 
- Remove and try adding some tahini on top.



INGREDIENTS:
~ 2 cups or a Jar of Chickpeas (rinsed and drained from can or soaked and cooked dried chickpeas)
~ ½ Cucumber (washed, skin on, roughly chopped)
~ ½ teaspoon Salt
~ 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
~ 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (or more , optional)
~ 2 tablespoons Tahini
~ 1 small Garlic Clove

DIRECTIONS:

- Put all ingredients in a blender/ food processor and blend until smooth.
- scrape into bowl and add a drizzle of olive oil or paprika.
-serve with crackers, bread sticks or vegetables cut into sticks e.g. celery, carrots or cucumber



I will soon share the cauliflower bites with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment