Gluten Free Bread


I'm not a big bread eater but the people I live with are and as most bread we buy has so much sugar and isn't as natural or organic as I would like I have decided to make my own bread.
I want my family to cut down on Gluten so I tried this recipe. 
The bread was tasty and fluffy although it did come out a bit too crumbly so I may need to practise this a bit more to perfect it. Either way, it tasted really good and at least I know what my family and I are eating. 


Ingredients:

220g Rice flour
80g Millet (flour)
40g chick pea flour
20g Raw sugar Cane / Panela
140g corn flour
2 tsp of chia seeds in water or flax egg
1 tsp dried yeast
1 tsp salt, I prefer himalayan salt to sea salt due to contamination.
40g mixed seeds
400g water
30g of olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 large egg subs (I use chick pea flour with water).

Recipe:

1. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
2. Mix all the flour and sugar in a bowl.
3. Add chia with water, yeast, salt, mixed seeds, water, oil, cider vinegar and egg substitute and mix well.
4. knead the dough and then transfer to loaf tin.
5. Leave the tin for aprox 45mins, so the dough can rise, it should double in size.
6. Pre-heat the overn at 180ºc ten minutes towards end of resting time.
7. Bake bread for 40-50 mins in oven at 180ºc.
8. Remove the bread and let it cool before cutting into slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment