Lentils, Cauliflower & Kale rice - Vegan Dish of the day







Hello there,
Working from home has got some good and bad side's to it but one great one is being able to eat properly. When I'm out and about I don't get to sit down and enjoy a good meal. Unfortunately this lifestyle won't last much longer as classes begin next week.

I'm starting to really enjoy trying out new dishes and here is another fun one I tried and it was really yummy.
I saw this recipe on one of my friends accounts on Instagram and I decided to copy it and adapt it slightly.


Ingredients:

Lentil dish:
1 Onion
2 cloves of Garlic
1 Carrot
4 Tomatoes
1 Jar of cooked lentils.


Cauliflower and Kale rice:

Garlic
Ginger
Coconut Oil
1/2 a cauliflower
2 large Kale leaves
Mushrooms

Preparing the  Lentils:
First I used my hand blender's chopper attachment for even greater versatility.  
I chopped everything with it.
First I chopped one onion and two cloves of Garlic, and fried in olive oil and Veggie Protein and Super Boost from Biotona, These are great products to include in smoothies, desserts and meals.
I also added pink himalayan salt.
I chopped the carrots and tomatoes the same way and added. I let it cook for 10 mins and added 1/4 of a cup of water.
Later I drained the lentils and added to the saucepan. I left to cook for another 20 mins.


Cauliflower and  Kale rice.

I chopped in my hand blender some cauliflower and kale leaves so it leaves it looking a bit like rice, hence the name.

I put coconut oil in the wok with garlic and ginger. Once it was hot I added some mushrooms and fried, after about 5 mins add the colliflour and khale at the same time and let it fry for a further 5 mins.

There you go. Two healthy dishes in one.






Benefits:


Cauliflower has an impressive array of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other phytochemicals. It is classed as a Superfood and here are some of its health benefits:

Fights Cancer
Boosts brain and heart health.
Acts as an anti-flammatory.
Rich in vitamins and nutrients and there are many more other benefits included.

As you all know Kale is also known as a superfood and has so many benefits.
Antioxidants,
Rich in Vitamins including Vit C (A single cup of raw kale actually contains more vitamin C than an orange.)
It can also help cholesterol. 
Fights Cancer and the list continues.


Benefits of Lentils:
Lentils are very high in iron and is one I need as I am prone to suffering anemia. 
Although lentils include  beneficial nutrients like fiber, protein, minerals and vitamins, they are still low in calories and contain virtually no fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment