Changing my eating habits


I know it has been a very long time since I have updated my blog, a lot has happened and I've been distracted. I will go more into detail another time although sometimes I doubt anyone even reads this  but this is a hobby I don't want to let go of and even though all I have done over the past two years is I log in several times, hovered over the dashboard and asked myself whether to shut down this page or keep it going I finally decided to continue.

Recently I have been able to find some inspiration again.

For a while now I have been wanting to change my diet and become a vegetarian. Once I started informing myself about the world we live in I felt like  I had been lied to all my life (not that I was that surprised we are lied to) and only now was the blindfold removed for me to see what a horrid way of life most of us live without even realising.
You may think that's a harsh way of putting it, but it is no surprise to many of you that we are being omitted a lot of important information, more than one could imagine.
After watching many of these films I started to ask myself so many questions.
How much do we all know? Have you sat down to really think about how much we don't know or not informed about?
As you can tell to understand a bit I have watched so many documentaries and continue to watch them and read loads of articles. Here are some I strongly recommend you watch.


My recommendations:

- That Sugar Film


- Cowspiracy


- Earthlings. This to me was really difficult to watch but it has to be done.


I'm not going to try and start a revolution here but I do believe we all need to be informed about what we eat and what many food companies don't tell us.
Here are just a few informative well documented films that will open your eyes in a way that will make you change something in the way you live.

My partner and I have decided to go one step further and we are trying to live our life as vegans.
For now its our challenge and hopefully this will become part of the way we live.
I' m not going to lie, there are days that are more difficult that others, especially living in a city where pork and cheese is everywhere.
To become a vegan you must make sure you are getting a balanced diet and nowadays it is easier than you think to buy the essentials to live healthy.

We need to get:
Vitamin B12 from spirulina which is an algae and other supplements and is highly recommended.
Vitamin D can be obtained from sunlight and vitamin supplements.
Omega 3 fatty acids from Ground flax seeds and walnuts.

Spirulina mixed
 in water, and Avatar in the background.
Protein Rich foods
2-3 servings
Burgers, nuts and seeds






Calcium rich foods
4-6 servings
spinach, collard greens, sesame seeds, tahini, soy products.



Fruit and Vegetables
3-5 servings
Have a range of different fruit and vegetable.








Whole Grains
6-11 servings
Brown rice, quiona, wholewheat bread, pasta, oatmeal.











We are in the transitional stage; experimenting, learning and eventually sharing with you.





No comments:

Post a Comment