Suitcase packed? - almost

In less than 24 hours I shall be flying to Turkey with my colleague.
We are both going for 3 weeks to teach English at a school and after weeks of nerves the day is finally arriving.

I just came back from Italy on Monday night and tomorrow (Friday) I am off again.
For the past few days I have made the most of my time by sleeping in my warm bed with my babies and tried to see as many friends as possible.
It's funny how we forget about the little things in life that make us so happy.
My kitten running around, jumping non stop and chilling on my shoulder as I write. Next time I see her, she will be as big as he adoptive brother. This tiny detail means a lot to me.

This is the first time in my life that I am doing something like this. I have always followed friends on holidays but never taken the iniciative to go away to work, especially in a country so different to my own.
This is a huge stepping stone for me and I feel so grateful for this opportunity.

People have asked whether I should be going with all the political problems in Turkey. This doesn't scare me, it means I'll be in  Turkey at a very historic moment.

I will continue my blogging as they days pass. Hopefully I will have many exciting stories to tell.

I think Arya wants to come too.

No comments:

Post a Comment