12 Hours in Istanbul

Unfortunately 12 hours (aprox) in Istanbul doesn't give you much time to really take it all in.

As I know i'll be returning to the city in a few weeks time I wasn't too bothered about visiting museums as I know it would waste time with queues and all that jazz.

Instead we had a big breakfast at our hotel and paced up and down the busy streets of Istanbul.


Good morning Istanbul




Finding what appears to be a Catalan flag in the city of Istanbul is rather random. I don't think there is any political meaning to it though.

Had to indulge in a Turkish coffee as I couldn't stop yawning as I walked around. They did rip me off though as this was in the bazaar where all the tourists go, plus I still prefer Italian coffee.

The Bazaar was full of products, from lanterns, to turkish tea. Brilliant for buying souvenirs!!

Lunch Time!!!!
Considering we had so much time to kill we decided to go for a shisha. Must say it was brilliant sitting down with a cup of cai and smoking apple flavoured tobacco.


As you can see, many people enjoy the good old shisha.

Lastly we went to a pub and we were offered these "erick erick" which are a mix between apples and grapes. Curious but yummy. They are sour so you put salt on top to compensate.
Our last beer for the next 3 weeks!!

2 comments:

  1. Bring back some whacky applegrapes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, any other requests? Baclava? Turkish Delight? Kebab?

      Delete