Hairy or Hairless? This one is for the boys....





 Is it important for men to keep up with appearances?



In my opinion, I think it is very important. We can never go to extremes though. I would never like to be going out with a guy that takes longer than I do getting ready. I think the average time I take to get ready for a night out is an hour, this is including taking a shower, washing and drying my hair, deciding what to wear, make up and hairstyling.

But its not just a question on what a guy should wear or do to his hair, I think it is very important for a man to keep well groomed. Before it was about the three S's.
A Sh*t, Shower and a Shave, but as society has changed so has the aspect of a man.




I don't agree with a man getting his eyebrows shaped like Cristiano Ronaldo, it doesn't look natural or right, I agree with the odd plucked stray hair that appears in the middle of the brow.



I also believe that Nose hairs and ear hairs need to be removed as soon as there is a sign of any hair popping out, I don't just believe it, I think it's a must.
If you have an overgrowth sort it out.

I'm more than certain a guy wouldn't like to touch prickly legs or see the hairs from the underarms popping out, and I certainly expect the same.

Guys, you don't need the girl to do this for you. It is definitely a plus if you have a willing girl friend, family member or lover that can help you with this but it can be done alone. I have many guy friends and lucky for me I don't have to point it out to many of them, but sometimes I will hold a male beauty session out for my friends so I can eliminate those stray hairs.

It doesn't only look better on a guy but its hygienic. I have witnessed many a times, men with long nose hairs with the odd bit of snot hanging from the hair, that is just not nice to see, no matter how loved up a girl can be.

So, guys, you want to know the best way to rid of the overgrowth.
There are many options to choose from, from painless treatments to the more effective. You can visit your local beauty therapist but if you feel embarrassed you can also do it yourself.

 The Trimmer:
You can buy a trimmer from any local beauty shop, they are easy to find and are cheap.
I honestly wouldn't recommend this one though as it is painless but it means the hair grows back quicker and thicker. This means more time in front of the mirror.

Wax:
You can buy small pots of wax like "Veet". This can be heated in the microwave for one minute and left to rest for another 5-10 mins. Put the blobs of wax onto the corner of your noses and ears and just rip it off! SIMPLE! Hair is gone and you wont have to repeat this for another month, depending on your hair.

Plucking:
I don't recommend the plucking on anything but your eyebrows, and please guys, only do loose hairs, DO NOT SHAPE THEM. It really isn't sexy. Do not attempt to pluck your nose hairs as it it very painful and will cause your eyes to water.

Laser Treatment:
This is a great way to rid of back, arm and tummy hairs and now with the amount of offers you can find on line, it isn't as costly as it used to be. The only negative thing with this is it takes months of sessions, up to 8 sessions and you can't sunbathe whilst doing this treatment, as it can cause your skin to get blotchy.

If for any reason you don't feel comfortable asking for help or doing it yourself, you can visit your local beauty therapist and they will be happy to assist you in your needs.

I'm hoping from writing this article I can maybe help more than one man that doesn't have a nagging girlfriend/wife to take some initiative.

Good luck.

1 comment:

  1. The older I am getting, the more hair I have where I don't want it ! I already trim my nose and ear hairs, they seem to grow back VERY quick ! Next things I will have a grey pubic hair, I am dreading it. MAy have to put some "Just for men" down there when that happens :-/

    ReplyDelete