Oh Country life

As I sat in the courtyard with all the other women, I was listening in and trying to understand what was being spoken. It wasn't too hard to understand though.
"Today I cleaned the floor, all the furniture....",
then someone butted in, like it was a competition, "well I cleaned the floor, wiped all the windows...."
"Well I washed the terrace, the floors, the furniture...."
My head was spinning but then I was thinking to myself, "well I cleaned a bedroom with all it's new furniture and..."
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I have become one of them, and i do not mean it in a disrespectful mannor.
This isn't a bad thing of course, in contrary I think my mum would be so proud but at the same time I am not fully content with this lifestyle.
I came from a cosmopolitan city, where I worked everyday and the topic of conversation with my friends was, what restaurants we tried out and what great events would be occuring in the future.
I would hold great dinners trying out new dishes without worrying about what my friends would think...
But here it is totally different, I have been made to feel like a nervous wreck. The men look at me in shame as I don't like to cook, or they haven't seen me cook the dishes I do. Also not only do I get funny looks. But when I do create a lovely platter of hummus, no one dares to try it because it is something that is completely different to what they generally eat.

I think with time I will get used to this new lifestyle. I have exchanged glamour for aprons, Vodka lemon for Pasta al pomodoro...and city lights to panoramic views of mountains.

I must say I have put on weight, I have a healthier face and I feel great inside..


....but there is still something missing. You can't have it all....

1 comment:

  1. Lol Screamin! Yep your turning into one of THEEEEEEM! LMAO! Dont worry, ill be out there soon to change your ass right back buddy! lol -By the time ive finished with you, you'll own your own market stall and wont even think about cooking or cleaning lol lol. At least you put on a few pounds - Looking fab! do you want some of mine? Killing myself at the gym lol..........

    ReplyDelete