Easy Veggie Recipe's - Lighten the weekly load

Lately I have been feeling exhausted and during the week and I have no time for myself let alone house chores including cooking. To make sure I'm eating properly I try to cook as much as I can on Sundays and I prepare Tupperware's of food for the rest of the week.

This morning I luckily woke up in a vibrant mood and got myself into cooking mode straight away. It was a fun morning; preparing different dishes and I didn't cause myself to  stress out too much.
The dishes I decided to make were easy and this eased the strain for a supposed relaxed Sunday.



First I made some breakfast to give myself energy. I prepared a Peanut butter and Banana Smoothie. This is my latest craving and it is really yummy.

Ingredients:
Two Bananas
Almond Milk
A tablespoon of Peanut butter
A teaspoon of chia seeds.


You can also add a tablespoon of cocoa powder.




 Blend until you have your smoothie.


After I had some breakfast. A coffee and toast. I decided to make a vegetable puree:

Ingredients:

Courgette
Pumpkin
Leek
Carrots

Boil for 30 - 40 mins

Blend with water and if you dont have enough add some unsweetened almond milk.
I didn't need to and added himalayan salt and pepper. You can also serve with pumpkin seeds.


We had this with some Baked Artichokes, baby onions and roasted potatoes.


Meanwhile  I also boiled more potatoes and brown rice for the Tupperware's, this is the base of each one and next I need to add something to it like tofu sausages or chick pea burgers.

Baked Artichokes:

Artichoke: Wash, Cut the stems and open up the leaves.
Put in a bowl of water and lemon juice and soak for over 30mins. (Longer the better).

Prepare baking dish with olive oil and himalayan salt. Add Artichokes and bake at 145ยบ for 50 - 60mins.


Serve with roast potatoes, onions and rice.



I have managed to have a good lunch and prepare a weeks supply of food. This is one way to cope with less work during the week.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment