Save the Whales

I can't say that I am an animal activist but I do love animals enough to know, care and share when there are problems, especially when it is for humans greed it should be prevented. My family and I have always respected and loved animals and if there is an animal in need or is in danger I will try to put it back to health and help it, whether it is taking it in, adopting it or finding it a home.

I like to watch a lot of animal documentries and want to know what is going on and if I can help i'll try, one way of helping is spreading the word, teaching people about what is behind the curtains and hopefully enough people will care to help them.

I saw Blackfish recently, written and directed by Gabriella Cowperthwaite, it is a documentary on Tilikum a killer whale that has killed three people while being in captivity. In this documentary they ask if this is the fault of the trainers or the conditions these poor orcas are living in. Tilikum was a whale stolen from his mother at a very young age, maybe 2 and has been held in captivity since this age, doing shows infront of millions in tiny pools, and the audience is oblivious to what is behind the entertainment they provide. They are in disgusting conditions and should be put back into the wild.

I recommend you watch "Blackfish" and if you haven't done so already, "The Cove"
these are two special films and need to be watched and educated to everybody.

SIGN THE PETITION

http://www.takepart.com/photos/6-ways-rescue-killer-whales-captive/what-can-i-do

No comments:

Post a Comment