English speaking mayor of Madrid - What a Joke (Ana Botella)

This week I begin my new term of teaching English and what a way to ease myself in by watching this video of the mayor of Madrid, Spain.When the first few seconds of the video came on I thought it was a joke from a show or something. My hands hit my head in shock, "oh dios mio, no puede ser"

My ears couldn't believe what they were hearing, was this woman really pretending she knew or was fluent in English or did she really think she was capable of doing a speech in English?
Why did her colleagues let her speak out? Did they not think this was going to end in embarrassment not just for Ana Botella herself but also for Spain?
"Madrid is beautiful and Spanish people know how to celebrate" but Ana Botella, you made us look like we have no clue, but I am not going to ridicule this lady as she has had enough from the Spanish press.
I want to offer her the chance to learn English with a native English Teacher,  I'm sure I can charge a lot less than your actual teacher and you will be able to string a sentence together that actually makes sense.
Call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment