My 1st and maybe Last Bungee Jump

If you are looking to do activities while on holiday in the Costa Brava, I would definitely recommend the two day break I did in the Summer.
It was a surprise trip to Lloret the Mar. Lloret is a very popular resort for young people who have finished their studies and decide to go for a mad holiday before beginning their new jobs or continuing with their studies. As I am half Spanish and live in Barcelona, Lloret is not a popular location for locals, as it is full of tourists and has a bad name for lots of alcohol drinking and parties.
I can understand the point of view of a Catalan but when I was there on the weekend my one question was, " where is the crisis?" It didn't seem to exist in Lloret, bars, clubs and restaurants were full. The beach was plagued with people and every car parking space was taken.
I don't think I would go to Lloret for a week break but if you are planning for some fun and are under 30 then maybe two days would be enough and then moving on to another town would be my suggestion.

I drove up to Lloret de Mar from Barcelona (just over an hour) on Sunday morning and ended up going to Parcfactory (http://www.parcfactory.com/bungee_web/index.html) which is situated right next to  Water Park in Lloret (http://www.waterworld.es). My boyfriend had decided to give me a huge adrenaline rush for my birthday - A BUNGEE JUMP!


As my Facebook status said "No F*cking way". I couldn't believe he would do this to me. I wanted to kill him. I even had to ask him if he actually loved me or hated me, I was really loving it inside but the fear was taking over.


Obviously this was my own fault because I have always bragged about loving extreme sports but I still think you need to mentally prepare yourself for these things, not just go an jump off a crane!
I was praying it was a joke and that we were going to the water park but it wasn't. I was going to finally do my first Bungee Jump, 70Metres, WOW.

Apart from the nerves and having 8 guys and not one girl infront of me, I plucked up the courage and did it.




 The worst part was going up the crane and trying my best not to look down.













Me heart was racing but the guy who accompanied me on the crane called Xavi was great. He helped calm my nerves. Told me to focus on the colour of his eyes and the sky, both were a sky blue colour. Supposedly blue makes you feel peace and tranquility.
When I finally managed to move onto the ledge I looked down....BIG MISTAKE! I started shaking and almost went down with the crane.
Instead I took a few deep breaths and with the help from Xavi giving me a little push I did it.






Did I scream? Nope, I shouted SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
It was the most amazing feeling I had felt in such a long time. It was like a huge realease. Tears fell from my face, I dont know if that was from the wind or the emotion but it felt absolutely amazing.


If you arent afraid of heights then I really recommend you do this.

My next extreme sport will be a parachute jump. Hopefully my partner won't read this and decide to take me next year as a surprise.

To  end the day we went to the water park which was fun and made my birthday a great one!


I even got the Official T-Shirt!



Parc Factory is open all year round. For more info check out their website or contact them directly -
xavi@parcfactory.com
+34. 639.824.958


No comments:

Post a Comment