Following A simple recipe??


Last night, a friend of mine invited me over for dinner and I volunteered or was forced to help! I have come to the conclusion that I love to cook but I love to cook the simple things in lif, and who doesn't?
My partner and I have created our own simple recipe book where we have gathered recipes from the net and then altered things according to our taste...
...But last night I felt dumb. My friend got out a recipe made by Gordon Ramsey! It was a "Wellington Beef" and it came out very tasty. But the real problem I have isn’t with Gordon Ramsay or the Wellington Beef, but the pressure I felt of making this great recipe and not knowing how it is meant to look like.
It was hilarious because as my friend and I read and read through the instructions we both came to different conclusions of how it is meant to look. It did make the evening very funny and eventful at the same time, especially with our glasses of wine.
Gordon Ramsay is a great chef, there is no doubt about it but he needs to put some pictures on his site!!! Although he wasn’t present I could feel the laptop swearing at me to get it right!

I felt dumb not knowing what way I had to “twist the pastry” or not knowing which way I had to roll out the meat!
Basically my whole point of this is that if you decide to try out cooking for the first time, I no way will recommend Gordon’s recipes, that should be for the expert chefs. It won't be enjoyable unless you have a sense of humour.
I am not here to boycott but I am here as a new chef in the kitchen with very little experience. And when I am explained or given instructions I need to be told like a 5 year old, if there are pictures its better. I think we all need to learn how to cook and enjoy it at the same time. It is fun when you have the right company like your own Sous chef and the right instructions, it is not flattering having your Mr or Mrs sitting in front of the TV while you are grueling away in front of a stove, I personally believe it is better to work as a team.
If you are good at cooking then go ahead and cook with Gordon but if you are not and want to avoid feeling silly then just google it or follow my easy step guide on different recipe’s I will be posting in the future.

Sorry Gordon but F*ck You!


P.S. Dedicated to all the new chefs out there and my mate who I had the pleasure of sharing an evening of cooking with! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment