My favourite Porridge Recipe

Breakfast is such an important meal yet so many of us tend to skip it. We either have a quick coffee or tea and maybe get something down us but in general, people don't dedicate themselves to eating something nutritious. Food is so important because we are what we eat and it's so important to try and eat as healthily as possible. Furthermore, it helps us to stay active and energetic all the way till lunchtime. So why don't we eat breakfast? Is it time? Not hungry?
No matter your excuse your habit needs to change now.
You need to start gradually and build up your appetite.
When I was younger I never liked porridge, I think it's partly due to the fact I didn't know how to make it properly but since I have learnt how to make a simple bowl of Porridge I now add some amazing ingredients to make it even more appetising.

In this post I will explain how to make a simple porridge and then you can add extra ingredients according to your taste buds.

Ingredients:
50g Porridge oats
350 ml water / plant based milk
pinch of salt

Extras:
1 banana
1 tsp vegan protein
1/2 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Peanut Butter



Recipe
1. Put oats, water and salt in a saucepan.
2. Put at a high heat and bring to boil.
3. Once it begins to boil, bring to a low heat and leave to simmer for 3 - 4 mins. While it is simmering you can add the mashed banana and any extras to give the porridge more flavour.
5. Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment