Natural Make-up


Kohal

Arabic: كحل‎ kuḥl; Hindi: काजल kājal; Kurdish: کل; Urdu: کاجل kājal; Malayalam: കൺ‌മഷി kaNmashi / സുറുമ suRuma; Kannada: ಕಾಡಿಗೆ ; Somali: kuul; Telugu: కాటుక Katuka; Tamil: கண் மை Kan Mai; Hebrew: כחול‎. It is also known as kol, kehal or kohal in the Arab world, and surma or kajal in South Asia.




My goal was to find Kahal for the eyes and I succeeded, I think I have bought about 5 years worth of Kahal for myself and for my family.

Kohl is an ancient eye cosmetic which my friend introduced me to years ago and is a makeup I always wear instead of the standard eye liner. It was made by grinding galena (lead sulfide) and other ingredients. It is widely used in India, Middle East, North Africa, the Horn of Africa and South Asia to darken the eyelids and as mascara for the eyelashes. It is used mostly by women, but also some men and children.



Natural Lipstick

This pot contains a natural red lipstick which is made from poppies!


No comments:

Post a Comment